Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Create Your Own Challenge

Hello my Friendly crafters,

I hope everyone is getting ready for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends.  The Lord is truly good.  My Grandson Aaron (13) and I plan to participate in the Turkey Day Chicago Run 2013.  I no longer run but I can still walk! LOL  It's only 5K(3 miles).  It starts early in the morning so I will have time to rest afterwards and then head on over to my Son's girlfriends house and enjoy a meal with our combined families.

I will have a good reason to eat what ever I want that day and not feel guilty!   It's also for a good cause.  We will be supplying the Greater Chicago Food Depository by bringing 2 can good items with us when we run.  I'm really looking forward to this.

Our challenge this week at 613 Avenue Create was to Create Your Own challenge by using this pattern :



This is what I came up with:



MATERIALS USED:

Image:  Bugaboo- Stella calendar month Thanksgiving
DP: DCWV Fall Stack 2
Bazzill card stock
Brown organza ribbon purchased from JoAnns
Button: from my stash
Glossy accent added to the glasses and the turkey
Rubber stamps:  Inkadinkado and Paper Inspiration
Cricut cartridge:  Wild Cards
Copic Markers
Metal Apron brad: from my stash
Mesh: from stash

Thank you for taking the time out, to stop by!

4 comments:

  1. Love that you used the apron as the stop for the easel card Edie! I especially like the element of the yellow-gold oval that is placed behind the Turkey - that really balance your design and creates almost an aura around the turkey and the focal image - niceyl done!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their digis are too funny. I love this and so will the receiver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab invitation, Edie! Love that crazy Stella! Love your easel design, coloring, and pretty DP! And that apron is perfect with your image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute invitation card and love the layering and colors together. Yep, moments and not days is so true! :0) Hugz and Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete