Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Wooden Coasters

It's 12:30 at nite or a.m. and I'm still up puttering around in my craft room.  I just finished making these coaster out of some wooden floor sample pieces I got at Home Depot, several years ago. I think they were free at the time.  When I saw them at the store, I just knew I could use them for something.
I think they will make cute Christmas presents for friends and co-workers.  I'm going to try to sell them at another Craft fair I'm participating in this weekend.

These are the supplies I used:
 Gloss Modge Podge and Liquid embossing for the coating
4 Wooden floor sample pieces
12   1/2" Vinyl bumpers and 4 round mosaic pieces to support the coasters
Sharpie brown wood touch-up markers
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Flowers and trim for embellishing
Graphic 45 8x8 papers from the Tropical Traveloque collection
Vellum sentiments

 
 
The wood pieces measured 3 1/2x 4 7/8 inches.  I used the Gloss mod podge to adhere the paper to the pieces after I painted the edges of the wood pieces with the brown marker.

 
 
I then added some vellum sentiments to the surface (not shown here) and applied another layer of Modge podge on one of the blocks.  I used liquid embossing on the other blocks for a higher shine.

 
 
 
I used vinyl bumpers and mosaic circles as supports.


I embellished each with flowers and trim and here are the end results.  I Luv, Luv, Luv them!

Well I guess I can turn in now.  I feel like I have really accomplished something.  One of these days I'm going to reach out of my comfort zone and make a video. 

Nite all!
 





5 comments:

  1. These coasters are real nice, but I would not want to put anything on them. They are very decorative and I would just want to show them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation Edie!!
    I love them :)
    Welcome to the Outlawz DTeam!
    Joining you now !!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design and fabulous project. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete